l

December 10, 2013

Reminders ....

"So ... I can just plug my computer into the cable line in my bedroom and i've got internet, right?"
"No Dad, that's a cable line. It doesn't work that way"
"But I was told the whole house is internet ready!"
"It is Dad.  We have a wireless network set-up"
"But you just said I can't plug my computer in!"
"That's right, you can't.  You need a wireless card for your old desktop"
"THEN HOW THE FUCK WILL I GET INTERNET??"

Yes, this was an actual conversation between my Father & I last night.
These conversations make me nucking futs.
And they sadden me.
It reminds me more and more that he's getting older.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12/10/13, 1:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

lol... brilliant.

 
At 12/10/13, 6:05 PM , Anonymous daisyfae said...

And a reminder that someday we shall drive our children nucking futs as they try to teach us to drive those newfangled flying cars!

 
At 12/10/13, 7:13 PM , Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

CHEF: I couldn't make this shit up if I tried!

DAISYFAE: Who has the right of way in the air anyway?

 
At 12/11/13, 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blaze, what is good, and should be encouraging is that he wants to be on the Internet and his computer is a window to the world. Technology totally freaks out many of my contemporaries, and I have to bail them out constantly. It is not a natural talent or understanding.

But really I stopped by to let you know we have a brand new host for Haiku Monday this week. Nancy is at http://nrhatch.wordpress.com/

Come join us. Serendipity

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?